Northern Lights Forecast from the Icelandic Met Office
Photo: Francisco Diez
Travel alerts and warnings from safetravel.is
- Hurricane Strength Wind Gusts South East Iceland 22.03.2019
- Hurricane strength wind gusts are expected in south east Iceland between Vík and Djúpivogur on Friday afternoon until midnight. No travel recommended in this area!
- Snowstorm with Hurricane Strength Wind Gusts! 22.03.2019
- Heavy snow fall and hurricane strength wind gusts are expected on Friday from Varmahlíð to Akureyri to Egilsstaðir and from Egilsstaðir to Djúpivogur in the Eastfjords. Slippery, snow covered roads and limited visibility make road closures likely. No travel recommended in this area!
- Avalanche danger
- Considerable avalanche danger (3 out of 5) in mountain areas around Reykjavík and in the Westfjords.